Friday, May 28, 2010

Update 2

Hello Everyone!!


I would like to let all of you know I have made GREAT progress on collecting shoes for El Salvador! I now have 46 shoes and more coming! It has been amazing to see how gracious everyone has been! I know the El Salvadoran people will be so thankful to own a pair of shoes. I was talking to my dad tonight and we were discussing how we own so many pairs of shoes and don't think anything thing of it. In my closet I have about 30 pairs of shoes. I think how blessed I am to have different shoes to wear to school, to work, to mow the grass (so I don't get my other nice shoes dirty), to dances, to church, and the list goes on and on. Just think about it. How often do we drop $25.00 on a pair of shoes that we may wear ten times and then say we don't like them anymore? I know I do it.




I am so excited to give these shoes to others to show the love of Christ and let them pass the word onto their family and friends. Starting with something just as simple as a pair of shoes.





Thank you so much to everyone who has donated!! I will be sure to keep you posted and send you pictures when I return. As of now if you have shoes that you don't want I will take them! Also if you do not have shoes but would like to donate cash, I am planning on buying some flip flops to take with me. Flip flops are light weight and since we are flying that is key component. And once again, keep the team in your prayers! Our trip is less than a month away and I know everyone is very excited!!

2 comments:

a u b r e y said...

AHH! That's so exciting Abby!

a u b r e y said...

Oh Abby, you have no idea how much of a blessing shoes will be to the El Salvadorians.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37418183/ns/weather

This effects Guatemala yes...but a specific city named-San Salvador.

Pray hard Abby...Pray hard.