Saturday, June 5, 2010

Changing 137 Lives

Hi Everyone!!

I have good news to report! I now have 137 pairs of shoes to take to El Salvador. The people of Central America have recently endured tropical storm Agatha. Natural disasters such as these only add to the hardships of the people of El Salvador.  I can only hope that the shoes I'm collecting will ease some of their pain.

Yesterday was my last day of school and as I was walking out the door, I found  a pair of tennis shoes that someone had thrown in the trash. These were tennis shoes with hardly any dirt on them and in great condition. The only thing wrong with them was that they were a little smelly-- that's probably why they were in the trash.  As I looked at them, I was thinking these nearly new shoes probably cost about $30.00 or more and didn't belong in the trash.  As I dug them out, I became excited as I thought about how God placed that opportunity in front of me and how He's able to use simple things to help others.

Keep the shoes coming!! I will take any and all shoes that you would like to donate.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'll pray for you to get as many shoes as possible! They took some damage down there from the storm.
They need them and the news of God.

Laura@echoesinthewind